Monday, January 18, 2010

Brawley Game

This game, in case none of you are aware, is two and a half hours away, in the desert. Actually, everyone who knows our father knows that it was actually a two hour drive! haha. Yes, that part not so great but the miracle was that Harper didn't have to pee! Not once! Well, at least until we got to a 7-11 2 minutes away from the school. At least she's making progress. So anyways, back to the game. So we get to the gym and the coach of the other team is nice and everything and everyone's butts hurt, you know, the usual. So we start to warm up and I (Blair) am hacking up a lung, thanks dad, he gave me the sickness. Ok, Harper is telling me that I am giving too many details so I will just skip to the game, sheesh. We both had good games. Harper had 13 points, 10 rebounds, 1 steal, and she went 3 for 3 from the free throw line, which is great for a Crickmore. :) I had 7 points, 6 rebounds, 3 steals, 1 blocked shot, and lets just say I didn't do as good as Harper at the free throw line! haha. The funny story of the game is that Harper was trying to save a ball so she jumped to hit it and she fell into the bleachers. Luckily, she fell into mom and our best friend, Megan's, dad who proceeded to tell her "Go get 'em!" and the good thing was that she totally saved the ball and the girl who grabbed the ball was fouled and made her free throws. However, after all that effort, we still couldn't pull out the win (SDA 42 and Brawley 50) so the Mustangs continue 9 and 9. I guess you could say we are in a slump.

Well, we will write again on Wednesday/Thursday (it depends on how tired I am after the game!)

*Oh and just something that mom thinks is funny: I (Blair) am leading the team in fouls. The big five oh (50)!

No comments:

Post a Comment